This salad has quite classical flavours that you usually find in Vietnamese, Thai or Asian-fusion restaurants. It’s delicious on its own or with prawns, chicken or fish. You may have seen it served with seared tuna or beef in restaurants.
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tbs palm sugar or brown sugar
- approximately 2 cm of grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 red chili
- fresh coriander, mint and/or Thai Basil
For the salad:
- mixed leaves of choice
- chopped cucumber
- tomatoes and/or red pepper
- watermelon radishes
- almonds, cashews or hemp seeds
1. Shake or stir all liquid ingridients for the dressing and then add in chopped chili, garlic, ginger and fresh herbs.
2. Pour the dressing over your salad (I like ot mix in separate bowl to the one I’m serving in).
3. Top your salad with almonds or cashews. For a vegan option add hemp seeds as plant-based protein source. I used watermelon radishes for this as I loved the colour but that’s probably not very typical for these types of salads.