I’m a huge fan of banana bread and this recipe is great one for a healthier version. I have been experimenting with different kinds of flour and although I have found that a lot of people seem to like the coconut flour version I personally like rice flour the best as it makes the bread a bit more fluffy, it reminds me of the french baguette loaf we always get from my favorite bakery. If you use coconut flour the loaf comes out a bit heavier (but also sweeter!) so I guess it depends on what you prefer.
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs milled chia seeds (non-milled probably works too)
- 2-3 tbs of palm sugar, honey or dade syrup
- 1 tbs high quality vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup coconut, rice or buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 4 tbs cacao nibs
- coconut oil and a tiny bit desiccated coconut to prepare baking pan
1. Pre-heat oven to 175C.
2. Prepare a baking pan with a little bit of coconut oil and desiccated coconut.
3. Mash the bananas using a mixer or by hand until completely smooth.
4. Add in eggs, chia seeds, vanilla and palm sugar, mix well.
5. Add in all the rest of the dry ingredients.
6. Let sit for about 5 min to let the chia seeds and flour soak it all up, stir again and then pour the batter into a baking pan.
7. Bake for 50 min until a toothpick comes out smooth.
8. Let cool before cutting. On the picture I cut it in bite sizes and served it together with an amazing raw brownie made from a recipe from the Model Mange Tout blog.