This ginger and sweet bell pepper baked salmon must be one of the most simple but yet delicious lunches or dinners out there. You can switch things up as much as you like by adding different spices to your bell pepper topping but for me the ginger is key. Not only do I love the taste of ginger but it’s also great for digestion and has anti-inflammatory functions. Adding mango is optional but I like some sweet tanginess together with the ginger and peppers. I’m not a big garlic fan but if you like it this would be a perfect dish to add it to. Anytime you are using citrus zest make sure you buy organic fruits and wash them thoroughly beforehand, otherwise you’ll just end up eating lots of pesticides.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 bell pepper (or chunks of different colour bell peppers)
- 1 knob ginger
- 1 small chili
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 mango (optional)
- zest from one organic lemon or lime
- salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C.
2. Chop all the ingredients for the topping apart from the nuts as finely as you can, mix in a bowl together with zest from the citrus fruit or just sprinkle directly over the salmon.
3. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes depending on the size of the salmon fillets. I usually throw on the chopped pistachios when it’s about 5 minutes left but you can either chose to include from the start or when the salmon is cooked. Sometimes they can go soggy if they soak up too much liquid from the rest of the veggies so that’s why I like to add them later.
4. Serve with a salad, steamed vegetables, quinoa, brown rice or edamame mash.