In my opinion, chia pudding can be a bit bland sometimes but this one definitely tastes amazing. As you may know I like to freestyle recipes and for chia puddings you could pretty much use any fruit, nuts or fruit juices. For this one I used lime with strawberries and raspberries which gives it a really fresh, summery taste.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed apple juice
- 1/2 cup strawberries and raspberries (frozen one almost works better as it gets a bit mushy)
- 3 tbs shredded coconut
- zest + juice of one lime
- a dash of high quality vanilla essence
1. Stir chia seeds with milk and juice, let sit for 5-10 minutes and then stir again as chia seeds will start to gel. You can make this either directly in the serving cups or in a container.
2. Mix in thawed or frozen berries, lime zest and vanilla essence. Leave in refrigerator over night or at least 3 hours.
3. The next day blend in shredded coconut and top with fresh berries. This time I added a layer of Coyo dairy-free coconut yoghurt.