Who doesn’t love bliss balls? They are easy to make and packed with protein and good fats. Be careful not to over-eat though as they are quite calorific! Food pro’s and sisters Hemsley and Hemsley shared a great recipe for bliss balls without dates here. They are definitely right in the fact that dried fruits does add quite a bit of extra sugar and shouldn’t be consumed too often. I don’t make these bliss balls too often abut when I do I see them as a healthy treat. You can switch up this recipe by experimenting yourself with various kinds of nuts and super powders such as maca, spirulina or baobab.
Makes 10-15 balls:
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp protein
- 2 tbs lucuma or other super food powder
- 1 tbs date syrup or honey (optional)
- 2-3 tbs raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 10 dates
- 1/4 cup oats
- shredded coconut or crucshed pistachios for rolling
1. Gel the chia seeds in a little bit of water, stir a few times and leave for about 10 min
2. Mix all dry ingredients and pulse in a food processor
3. Add dates and chia seed and pulse. You can add a little bit of boiled water if it’s not sticky enough
4. Roll balls in shredded coconut and store in fridge up to 7 days.